Thursday, November 20, 2008

MY TEEN-AGED PAIN AS WRITTEN BY ME AT AGE SIXTEEN

No-one understand$ me
(Man!)
I’m like a forgotten scarf
Or
I’m like a forgotten pair of mittens
(Minus one!)
No-one with which to shareth mine life, and
Worse no finger-
holes.

I am so far away .
Like a far away place
(such as Hawaii or Alaska.)
Call me non-contiguous, that is, if you call me.
At
All.

My Teen-Aged Pain is a visceral sensation, like the gnashing of teeth or the aching of head. No-body cares if I am alive or I’m dead. And only a loser (such as like Me) would rhyme, anytime. I’m a free-verse poem
On the wall
Of now-here.
You don’t get me and your name is Every-
One.
My Teen-Aged Pain is better (worse) than yours (mine.) It fills me up like a cat is filled up
With catgut. And so I ask myself (self?), why is it that
That I feel
I feel so
Emptiness?

No comments: