Monday, December 1, 2008

LEAVES OF FALL: A REALLY DEEP POEM

When it’s Fall, the leaves change,
And then they fall.
And I will change, and I will leave,
And you will fall.
The colors of the leaves, they will change,
Becoming deeper as the fall.
I will become deeper, too, once I leave,
But my leaving will not fall.
Because unlike the leaves of Fall, which are the plural
Of leaf, those beauties of Mother Nature, my leaving
Is a verb, to go away from you. Not literally go away
From you specifically, but to go away and in this
Particular case, the going away is from you specifically.
But anyway, back to the poem.
My heart will leave, and your heart will fall.
Much like the leaves of Fall fall.
My feet will leave, raising up and then
Falling
Forward.
Maybe backward a couple of times.
But mostly forward.
Away from you.
Like the leaves. A little.

No comments: