Friday, September 18, 2009

NOTES FROM AN EARLY DRAFT OF NEVER TEAR US APART BY INXS

I was standing… You were there.

No, you weren’t there, you were there… I was kneeling.

Wait, you were a different there; I was in a squatting position.

I was supine, you weren’t there at all, it was somebody else. And they were there.

We all have wings, but some of us don’t know why.

Or, most of us have wings, and the rest of us know why they have wings, but not all of the time. Some of us know why we have wings some of the time, all of us have wings some of the time, but not all of us know why all of the time.

Wait! Wait! Nobody has wings, some of us know why, or wait, everybody has wings and everybody got them at the same time so we all know why, but you forgot why. Yes!

If I hurt you, I’d make wine from your tears.

If you were sad on account of me, I’d brew coffee from the grounds of your sadness.

Your tears taste like sports drink.

If I insulted you, I’d take that insult and make Insultonade.

If I angered up your blood, I’d totally turn it into Diet Rite. For you.

No comments: